Thursday, December 31, 2009

Commercial Property Funds Re: Capital Gains Tax On Sale Of Commercial Property..?

Re: Capital gains tax on sale of commercial property..? - commercial property funds

I have a tenant in common (TIC) interest in a property Com'l .. The building is currently sold after 5 years. My question is: We pay the mortgage for 5 years at around 60,000 with the funds collected as rent control. Now, with the sale, I will return these funds. My CPA that this part of the proceeds will be taxed ... As I understand .. already paid no taxes on these funds, why can not I get the money tax-free and have instead a 1031 (Ps. I understand that the mortgage is a balance sheet item, but I think I should be the $ $ again tax-free. ... Please Help, thank you, Herb

0 comments:

Post a Comment